Slater’s 50/50 Sous Chef Job Description
A national gourmet burger restaurant is looking for an energetic and talented Sous Chef to assist with daily operations. The award winning casual concept features the signature gourmet burgers and a large selection of draft beers on tap.
Slater’s 50/50 Las Vegas has been featured on Netflix, CBS, NBC, and Fox. The restaurant has also won numerous “Best Of” awards, including the Best of Vegas.
The successful candidate will have culinary and management experience. We’re looking for a creative, motivating professional who doesn’t mind contributing to prep work, line cooking, or even delivering food when necessary, but who is also not afraid to delegate. You will report to the General Manager and have the opportunity to hire and train staff. The job requires approximately 50 hours per week with open availability required (nights and weekend availability required).
- Manage operations including kitchen staffing, supplies, inventory, food, and health quality to meet restaurant standards.
- Perform daily pre-shifts to educate team members on new menu items and enforce standards.
- Order supplies for food and ingredients base on shifting demands, ensuring adequate supplies and reducing wastage.
- Hire, train, and coach kitchen staff and foster teamwork and team spirit between kitchen staff and FOH staff.
- Create staffing schedules to ensure adequate staffing, while minimizing overtime and labor cost.
- Schedule and oversee necessary maintenance and repairs for equipment.
- Develop a cleaning schedule to maintain a clean working kitchen.
- Assist General Manager with menu changes and development of seasonal items.
- Work diligently to control food and labor cost related to the kitchen.
- High School Diploma required; some college or hospitality background preferred
- A proven drive for quality food and clean kitchen environment
- Ability to problem solve and handle high stress situations in a fast paced environment
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a position of increasing responsibility in the hospitality industry
- High motivation with strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, Applicant Tracking Systems, and Aloha POS preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership and assessment skills
- Able to act quickly and decisively
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Willingness to work irregular hours, nights and weekends, while on your feet
- Ability to demonstrate and teach the company’s mission and culture
- ServSafe Manager’s Certificate or Food Handler Certificate
- Responsible Alcohol Service Certification (TAM card)
- Ability to pass liquor background check for key employee status
Slater’s 50/50 offers generous benefits, including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount
- Meal Included with every shift