Reports to: Kitchen Manager/Assistant Kitchen Manager/Kitchen Supervisor
Execute all planche and grill items according to recipe and quality expectations, i.e. meat grilling, proper temperatures, and cheese melting
Primary duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Zones grill to prevent cross-contamination
- Communicate with crew to coordinate food service
- Keep station stocked and maintain cleanliness and organization
- Execute prep needed station
- Maintain Burgers section of recipe book – keeping clean and organized
- Adequate knife skills
- Maintains proper food storage and safety
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Transfer supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Execute line sweeps and trash change whenever necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage areas
- Stock supplies such as food and utensils on cook line, refrigerators, and storage areas.
- Perform any other job duties as required, ie – Clean and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Follow all safety standards
- Follow proper food safety and sanitation policies
- Clock in and out as required by your shift and take breaks as required by policy.
- Be aware of, and abide by all Slater’s 50/50 policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Report to the General Manager, Kitchen Manager and other supervisors as directed.
- Perform all duties with a sense of urgency and to the expected standards
- Adequate skills and experience to perform job duties
- Food handlers card
- Able to stand for 8 hours – walks and stands during entire shift.
- Able to communicate with team members
- Able to read and understand recipes
- Able to understand and follow all policies and procedures
- Able to lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 50 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Able to lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to five times per shift.
- Able to frequently bend, stoop, reach, push and lift.
- Able to work in a hot, damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass and metal cans, burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequent washing of hands.